29 January 2010

"the parent's guide to play"


I have been meaning to write about this book for a while now, especially over the Summer, where the heat often prohibits too much outdoor playtime but parents are still looking for activities to stimulate the little ones! Gymboree - The Parent's Guide To Play is filled with over 170 activities to stimulate imaginations, expand vocabularies and build physical and mental skills. The book is organised by age groups (eg, 3 months and up, 6 months and up etc) and has provided me with lots of new activities to undertake with my growing boy. Almost all of the activities utilise materials or toys that you will probably already have around the house, and there are explanations as to how each activity develops a particular skill.

I bought my copy from Big W, but it is also available from Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment