22 January 2010

delicious design - inspired by alphabet wall decals




I have recently finished decorating my toddler's new "big boy" room. Finding appropriate artwork for his walls became a minor (although my husband might argue "major") obsession, as I was determined to source pieces that would grow with him so that I would not need to be spending a lot on updating his room every year. I was very keen to find an alphabet wall decal that would be educational, but that appeared modern and not too "babyish". I was keen to avoid cartoon characters, pastels, and certain fonts.

My search was long - I discovered that there are an infinite number of alphabet wall decals on the market - but fruitful. There are some wonderful designs out there if you have the time to browse the multitude of web sites offering wall decals (what did we do before google?).

I finally settled on a vinyl alphabet (pictured top) from tasty suite at etsy.

I also love a similar one (pictured middle) available from from Harmonie interieure, a beautiful French company (you must also check out their other gorgeous decals!).

If I hadn't been so set on a decal, though, I think I would have chosen a plywood alphabet (pictured bottom) from bookhou - maybe I can justify purchasing one of these for the playroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment