24 December 2009

product of the week - concealer

Exhausted already from multiple functions in the lead-up to Christmas and dealing with a toddler whose sleep patterns have taken a beating thanks to afore-mentioned functions, I have to admit that I'm not looking my "freshest" at the moment. Not exactly how I want to appear in all the family photos that are part and parcel of the holiday season.

Thankfully the makeup industry provides us with a wide array of concealers to (hopefully) provide cover for those tell-tale signs of fatigue (and ageing!). To cover dark circles, you need a yellow or peach toned concealer.

My all-time favourite concealer (Sue Devitt Automatic Camouflage) is not available in Australia, but here are my two alternatives that are readily available in Adelaide ...


Splurge on:
Touche Eclat Radiant Touch by Yves Saint Laurent
This award-winning concealer claims to be "8 hours of sleep in a pen" and I've certainly found that it effectively covers dark undereye circles. Available at David Jones Rundle Mall, this concealer will set you back $78.



Save on:
Concealer by Napoleon Perdis
Okay, so at $30 it's still not the cheapest concealer on the market, but it does work, and lasts a long time. You may want to use a brush to apply it from the pot, but I must admit that I just use my finger (freshly washed of course so as not to introduce bacteria into the concealer ... when I remember!). See here for South Australian Napoleon stockists.

No comments:

Post a Comment