17 December 2009

product of the week - baby jogger city select


With only 2 months to go until I become a mother of two (!) I have attempted to get out and purchase the final required items for baby’s imminent arrival.

Top of my list – the perfect double pram. After much research and advice from friends, I thought that I had found it – the Baby Jogger City Mini Double. However, I found out this week from a mother of four (who obviously has a wealth of knowledge of all things pram-related - thanks Bronny!) that Baby Jogger has just released this little number. Upon seeing the City Select Twin, I just knew I HAD TO HAVE IT!!!!


Due to hit Australian shores in March 2010, this pram has been likened to “the double Bugaboo if Bugaboo made one!” – the City Select can start off as a single pram, with either a bassinet or seat, and then allows for either a double seat or single seat and bassinet combination. The bassinet and seats can be attached in a variety of positions (see photo for just some of the combinations).

I spoke with the Australian distributor for Baby Jogger this week, and was advised that current Baby Jogger stockists should be able to stock the City Select. I have put in a call to Baby Bunting to place my order, and am currently waiting to hear back from them.

You can view a demonstration of the City Select here.

3 comments:

  1. Thankyou so much for this information. I've been searching for a pram which caters for two children and is ergonomically sound. This pram seems perfect for me. I've reviewed other prams (Phil & Teds, Steelcraft Strider Plus) and can't wait til this one arrives on the shores of Melbourne. I was just about to buy the Steelcraft when I read that some mother's have had back problems whilst using the second seat. Looking forward to testing this product when it comes to Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work for ebabyplace and these strollers sell like hotcakes! They are great for moms on the go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAVE THIS PRAM AND IT IS FANTASTIC. AFTER SELLING MY BUGABOO FOR THE NEED OF A DUAL BUGGY...THIS PRAM HAS ALL THE FEATURES OF THE BUGABOO AND MORE. I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE. I HAVE A NEWBORN AND A 2 1/2YR OLD AND THEY ARE VERY HAPPY OUT AND ABOUT IN THE NEW PRAM.

    ReplyDelete