11 November 2009

colouring and sticker fun!


















During these sweltering days, I have been trying to come up with activities to keep my toddler occupied inside and out of the heat. Yes, I must admit that I have resorted to the odd DVD, but mostly we've been getting creative with our colouring in and "stickering".
My little man is nearly 18 months, and adores these activities. It's amazing how much time we can spend on the one pasttime, when normally he's bored after 10 minutes of something.

I have discovered the joys of the Cheap As Chips craft aisles as a result of this latest obsession - they sell great colouring-in books and pads of stickers (180 stickers!) for $2 each! At that price, I'm not caring that we go through a sticker pad every few days.

Crayola also have a great website from which you can print free colouring-in pages.

As for our tools, it's washable crayons for now. After the little man ate or lost nearly the entire first set of Crayolas we bought, I opted to purchase the cheaper Dora the Explorer crayons on our next trip to Big W. On arriving home, however, I realised the error of my ways - I have learnt that a higher price does, in fact, equal better quality when it comes to crayons. We have found the Dora crayons to be a lot messier and harder for a toddler to use as they require more pressure to show up on paper. So now it's back to the Crayolas!

No comments:

Post a Comment