13 November 2009

christmas pageants















Yes, it's that time of year already (where did 2009 go?), and in South Australia we are fortunate to have a number of Christmas pageants to take the children to.
It's only one sleep until the Credit Union Christmas Pageant in Adelaide - I doubt any of us expected the scorching heat that is forecast for tomorrow (39 degrees Celcius), but for those of you who will still be brave enough to attend, click here for details of the route, hot weather tips, and start and end times. I have such fond memories of attending the pageant as a child - all of us cousins used to pile onto the back of my grandfather's flat-bed truck which my uncle would have parked in a prime position earlier that morning. I'm now looking forward to creating similar memories for my children!

South Australia is fortunate enough to have a number of other pageants on offer - here is a list of some other pageants on offer this year:

This list is not exhaustive, and I'd love to hear from you should you be aware of any other pageants on offer in South Australia this year.
The Adelaide Christmas Pageant also marks the opening of the Magic Cave in David Jones - I didn't take my little one last year until the week before Christmas ... big mistake! We lined up as soon as DJs opened, but still had to wait in line for 2 hours. I must admit that I still prefer the old John Martin's Magic Cave, but perhaps that's because my memories of it are through the eyes of a child. My tip - if you really want to experience the Magic Cave, try and get there earlier than the week before Christmas when the last minute rush begins. Try and take hubby (I called mine to duck out of work and meet us there) or a grandparent as support, as inevitably your child will need a toilet-stop/nappy change/run around whilst waiting to see Santa, and having someone to hold your place in line (or, better still, do the running around with child!) will make the visit all the less stressful.

Also remember that a lot of local shopping centres have a Santa in attendance for photos - this can often be a less stressful option than the Magic Cave or other department store Santas.

Let the countdown to Christmas begin!

image from www.planbooktravel.com.au/

1 comment:

  1. I'm told by a source that there's also pageants taking place in both Belair and Port Adelaide - if anyone has further details on these, I'd love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete