10 March 2010

interesting read - "should toddlers do chores?"


I found a link to this article at A Magical Childhood and I thought it was timely given that my toddler is heavily into playing "cleaning". The article discusses the benefits of introducing household chores into a child's life from an early age and suggests a number of chores that toddlers can do around the house. As I read the article, I was especially drawn to the comment that, by incorporating chores into a toddler's life early on, toddlers "get the benefit of having a routine where doing household tasks comes naturally".

I'm hoping that if I nurture my toddler's current obsession with sweeping and wiping spills up with a sponge that I will one day be able to leave all the housework up to him as I put my feet up with a well-deserved cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment